Friday, January 15, 2010

Kelly Isleib Drafted by Sky Blue FC!


"It is definitely an exciting time for me. I have worked hard for a long time and have had a lot of great coaches and teammates and support from my family along the way. It will be hard to be so far from home but I can't wait to start on this new adventure, I feel very lucky."

Senior Kelly Isleib from Park City, Utah was drafted early this afternoon to the Women's Professional Team Sky Blue FC in New Jersey. Isleib was a 6th round draft pick. Kelly was nearly speechless in the moment that she found out that she had been slected as a draft pick; it has been a lifelong dream and goal and it was understandably an overwhelming moment. Isleib has been one of the most successful and influential players in Utah Soccer history and everyone here at the University of Utah Athletic's Department wishes her the best of luck!

Congratulations Kelly!